Each matter handled by Charles is dependent upon the unique facts and particular circumstances. An example of successful matters litigated by Charles include:
- Successful resolution of a class action claim in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County, against a high-profile multifamily property owner brought by current and former tenants alleging consumer fraud, breach of contract, and entitlement to punitive damages.
- Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of a statewide group of specialty physicians resulting in a successful defense of a claim for recovery of $20 million asserted against them by a large managed care company.
- Represented statewide association of multifamily property owners before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended a claim asserted by the United States that a large apartment owner had engaged in a pattern and practice of violating the Fair Housing Act. A trial in the federal district court resulted in a complete vindication of the client’s position.
- Favorable jury verdict on behalf of a large distributor charged with unfair competition, breach of contract, and RICO violations asserted by a competitive firm.
- Multi-million-dollar settlement of a disputed stock option and disability claim asserted by a chief financial officer of a publicly traded company.
- Successful defense of claims for injunctive relief on behalf of a physician/shareholder arising from violation of a post-employment restrictive covenant in a large urban medical practice.
- Successful prosecution of claim for injunctive relief against a terminated employee of a temporary accounting services firm from engaging in similar business within a protected area.
- Complete vindication of a regional hospital system in a claim asserting misappropriation of trade secret and confidential information asserted in federal district court action.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.