Each lawsuit handled by Carl depends on its unique facts and particular legal circumstances. The following are a list of results obtained by Carl on behalf of his clients:
- Successful protection of trademark and service marks on behalf of a 37-year-old regional radiological group and home healthcare provider company from infringement by out-of-state competitors
- Successful defense and prosecution of claims on behalf of physician/shareholders arising from post-employment restrictive covenants
- Successful representation of individuals in matrimonial matters where complex issues of equitable distribution of property, alimony, and support were at issue. Cases include complex property division, valuation of closely held corporations and executive compensations plans, custody support, relocation, and litigation to enforce marital contracts such as prenuptial, postnuptial, and separation agreements, as well as marital settlement agreements and divorce judgments.
- Successful defense in a number of cases arising out of employment/workplace-related claims, such as claims brought under The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, The New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act, The Family Medical Leave Act, and other related common law claims asserting breach of contract, wrongful discharge, harassment in the workplace, and discrimination
- Successful representation on behalf of a number of lenders from pursuing property foreclosure actions to protect the lender’s rights in bankruptcy
- Successful settlement of claims brought on behalf of injured clients arising from automobile accidents, pedestrian injuries, and defective products
- Successful defense of a shareholder oppression claim asserted by a withdrawing family shareholder of a 60-year-old closely held candy manufacturing company
- Precedent-setting decisions in the federal Third Circuit establishing the jurisdictional boundaries of appeals arising from bankruptcy courts, creditors’ rights of set off, and the perfection of pre-petition security interests
- Successful recovery of a percentage of royalties and interest in excess of $900,000 for a University of Pennsylvania medical professor/inventor against the university under its patent policy
- Professional Insurance Management v. Ohio Casualty Group of Insurance Cos., 285 F.3rd. 268 (3rdCir.2002). The Ohio Casualty Group of Ins. Cos. v. Professional Insurance Management, 130 F.3rd 1122 (3rd.Cir.1997);
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.